Gachimuchi Pants Wrestling (Japanese: ガチムチパンツレスリング Hepburn: Gatimuti Pantsu Resuringu) (GPW), is a subculture and a sub-genre of the Wrestling Series (レスリングシリーズ Resuringu Shirīzu) Niconico tag. The sub-genre chiefly consists of North American adult Wrestling (レスリング) films that saw its way to Japan on August 10, 2007.
History[edit | edit source]
On August 10, 2007, a video clip from the late Billy Herrington's inclusion in the Can-Am Productions and Matt Thomas Productions co-produced 1999 American adult film Workout: Muscle Fantasies 3, was uploaded to Nico Nico Douga as a bait-and-switch video. The video was originally known as "Authentic Gachimuchi Pants Wrestling" (本格的 ガチムチパンツレスリング Honkakuteki Gatimuti Pantsu Resuringu) in which it shows the part where the late Billy Herrington was in the middle of wrestling against Danny Lee, his Canadian opponent. Unfortunately, the video would later get deleted from the face of the site because the original creator's account was deactivated.
However, after a month, a more massively successful version of the original uploaded copy was re-uploaded to Nico Nico Douga on September 30, 2007 with the same name and footage. By the time this copy was uploaded to Nico Nico Douga, the original copy was still up until later.
Users of Nico Nico Douga and 2channel would utilize the first several Wrestling Series videos that were uploaded and, for instance, have a clickbait thumbnail of a provocative image/link the videos to their site to troll and harass other users.
GPW is diverse in a sense that it possesses many staple tags, such as You-Know-What (例のアレ Rei no Are), Adam and Adam (アダムとアダム), the aforementioned Wrestling Series (レスリングシリーズ Resuringu Shirīzu), Forest Fairy (森の妖精 Mori no Yousei), and Philosophy (哲学 Tetsugaku).
It would take users on Nico Nico Douga time to introduce an individual new Characters or several within the following days, weeks, months, and even years after the initial video and to decide on their names through community decisions, misheard lines associated to them, their Charactersistics, or their similarities to other real-life people or fictional Characterss in some cases. Examples include Danny Lee: a Canadian man who's nickname "Kiyoshi Kazuya" (木吉カズヤ) comes from Billy Herrington's specific lines as they were misheard through Japanese ears or Steve Cassidy: a American man who's nickname "Tortoise Fujioka" (トータス藤岡) comes from his striking resemblance to two famous Japanese men.
Name[edit | edit source]
Gachimuchi is derived from two Japanese terms: gacchiri (がっちり "muscular", "athletic"), and muchimuchi (ムチムチ; "chubby", "throbbing"). Its localized term tends to be bara (薔薇 "rose"), which is typically frowned upon. Pants Wrestling comes from the very first video that started the subculture.
Rule[edit | edit source]
Gachimuchi Pants Wrestling is wrestling with a special rule where that if you/your opponent take/takes off your pants, you lose.
In addition, the match may continue even if the pants are removed (in a sexual sense).
Authentic Gachimuchi Information[edit | edit source]
- Gachi is from がっちり (gacchiri), which means "sturdy" or "hard". The full name, "Gachimuchi" (ガチムチ), is from がっちり (gacchiri) and むっちり (mucchiri, "chubby") put together, meaning "hard and chubby".
- Some aspects of GPW were influenced by the A Midsummer Night's Lewd Dream (真夏の夜の淫夢) fandom, such as one Van's main nickname being TDN due to his resemblance to one of the main Inmu Characterss.
- Another aspect of GPW was influenced by oneshot bara manga Kuso Miso Technique for its popular Characters Takakazu Abe as Abe is used for Characterss in the adult films that resembled him. It was also influenced by Kuso Miso Technique for its orgasmic yelling phrases.
- As much of the film and video sources for GPW were from gay, straight, and bisexual pornographic films and videos, many scenes in the videos uploaded to Nico Nico Douga, had to be cut or heavily censored, to comply with the rules of the websites that these videos were being uploaded on.
- There are many names for this subculture; whether it be through translations, mis-translations, or just localization. Here is a rough list of the names provided:
Full + "Honkakuteki"
Mystery Continues Pants Wrestling (mis-translation)
Gachimuchi Pants Wrestling (true translation)
Muscular Pants Wrestling (localization)
Authentic Gachimuchi Pants Wrestling (most accurate translation)
Professional Muscular Pants Wrestling (localization)
Full-fledged Gachimuchi Pants Wrestling (accurate translation)
Full-on Gachimuchi Pants Wrestling (accurate translation)
Mystery Continues (mis-translation)
Gachimuchi (true translation)
Gatimuti (most direct and the pronunciation is the same)
Gati (most direct translation)
See also[edit | edit source]
- List of films and videos
- Gachimuchi Pants Wrestling Soramimi
- Gachimuchi Pants Wrestling Characters List
- Gachimuchi (disambiguation)
- List of Related Gachimuchi Pants Wrestling Items